Joined: Nov 25, 2008
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:00 pm
This is my own special recipe for a Mediterranean style Sea Bass ENJOY:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
100g/3˝oz chorizo, cut into chunks
2-3 sprigs thyme
50g/1ľoz black olives, stones removed
8 cherry tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sea bass
1 x 500g/1lb sea bass, head removed and gutted
small bunch fresh thyme
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chorizo.
3. Fry for 4-5 minutes until the oil runs out of the chorizo and the onions soften.
4. Add the thyme, olives and tomatoes and stir to combine.
5. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, before transferring the mixture to an ovenproof dish.
6. Using a sharp knife, slash skin of the sea bass diagonally along each side so that the flesh is exposed and place sprigs of thyme into the slashes.
7. Season the sea bass with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on top of the chorizo mixture.
8. Drizzle over the olive oil and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the fish is tender and cooked all the way through.
9. To serve,take the cooking dish to the table.