whiting

plaice

Home Sea Fishing Forums Account Downloads Links sea fishing rods sea fishing reels
sea fishing
   Welcome Guest | Register 

Sea Fishing Angling Resource

Sea Angling

Main Menu
General
Home
Members List
Your Account
Our Sponsors
Fishing Tackle Shops
Forums
Important Rules
General
South
South West
South East
East
West
North East
North West
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Isle of Wight
Thames Estuary
Humber Estuary
Sea Fishing for the Disabled
Sea Fishing Rods
Sea Fishing Reels
Sea Fishing Lines
Sea Fishing Baits
Terminal Tackle
Sea Fly Fishing
Kayak Fishing
Sea Fishing Tips
Boat Owners
Boat Fishing Tips
International
SeaFood Recipes
Freshwater Fishing
The Lounge
Buy - Sale
Resources
Sea Fish
NFSA Size Limits
Sea Fishing Knots
Sea Fishing Baits
Sea Fishing Rigs 1
Sea Fishing Rigs 2
Sea Fishing Rigs 3
UK Tide Tables
UK Weather
Fishing Tackle Reviews
Sea Fishing Tackle
Sea Fishing Books
Sea Fishing Reels
Sea Fishing Rods
Sea Fishing Lines
Sea Fishing Videos
Rod / Reel Deals
Ready Made Rigs
Fishing Links
Admin
Email Me

Fishing Gear

Fishing

Sea Fishing: Forums

sea fishing forum sea fishing members list
faq
search
user groups
pm
View next topic
View previous topic
tomcat
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Having spoken to Chris' I am asking boat owners to register details on the site. Details such as vessel, area fished and experience would assist in building a knowledge base and allowing organised trips. Please include your details on this thread should you wish to be involved. A similar thread will be started for those without boats who would be interested in joining owners on fishing trips.

Last edited by tomcat on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total 
tomcat
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Based in Gisburn, Ribble Valley, Lancashire. RYA day skipper owning boats for in excess of 25 years. Fish mainly Fylde coast and Morecambe bay although have trailed previous vessels on a regular basis to North Wales and Whitby. Current boat is a 16' 6" Orkney Strikeliner. Quite an old boat but with new engine and trailer and all new electronic package. George.

Last edited by tomcat on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 am; edited 6 times in total 
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I live in Blackburn lancs and have two boats, one fishes five in comfort and the other three. The first for the open sea and the small one for harbours and close inshore fishing big grin . Cheers keith

Last edited by rabbi2 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total 
crossy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hi based in lostockhall south of preston lancashire small boat user and owner for over 20 plus, years ten yards breast stroke r. y. a power boat level 2 club rescue coxswain level 3, my present boat is an orkney 520 pwered by 25 yamaha main and 2.5 yamaha back up, full electronics and safty gear ,andy

Last edited by crossy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total 
AH
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've a 17 ft open boat in Holyhead and a mooring to go with it. Also have brilliant launch facilities. Here an offer - if anyone is willing to have a look at my engine they will be able to take the boat out whenever they want obviously free of charge. Tope fishing around Holyhead is second to none.

pjs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've a 13ft open boat moored in Topsham, fish the Exe estuary and close inshore off Exmouth.

squeaky
Occasional
Occasional

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hi here is my 13t open boat bit old but does the job,it has a 4hp engine up grading to 10hp in the summer,im losing small cuddy and having fresh paint,the trailer is now being modified,had lots of fun in this and pleanty more to come i launch it from mumbles in swansea Image

minimech
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's mine:- 'POTLUCK' is a 17ft Wilson Flyer with flying bridge, 60hp Yamaha on the back, based @ Kemps marina, Southampton, top whack is 23knots and, mother, Is she thirsty at that, but a lot of fun, Still havn't figured the pic upload, but will put one on when I can.
Pete.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The new Rabbi for fishing harbours ect.
Its only 12ft but double skinned and foam filled with oars ect inc handheld vhf sat nave fishfinder/depth sounder Engine is a 5hp tohatsu. cheers keith

harv02redred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[img]Image[/img]

you`ll see me around the southampton water area ,test and itchen, probably going to fast in silly weather.

she`s a 13ft dell quay dory with a 50 evinrude .

give us a wave big grin big grin big grin

bassypaul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

hi i have a mayland fisherman 16 i call codswhollop love struck with a 40hp yamaha a malta 3.3 backup and i can get about 18 knots at full chat happy . i have a fixed vhf with a licence and i have done a course to operate it.i fitted it with a plotter ,a dgps/waas unit , a hand held gps.and a fish finder .i have not used it for a long time because it is in S.E. london sad but plans are afoot to get it in a boat yard near portsmouth smug it needs a coat of paint so will take before and after photos i have good knowledge of thames estury from herne bay area and the channel around folkstone/dover but i now live in aldershot so will be using it around the solent/iow area when its ready to go i also have an inflatable i take away on holiday and use my backup engine on it for inshore work big grin but have just bought a 10 hp engine to go on it to make it fly big grin devil

alistair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

here is my wilson flyer (creations) i almost always fish off of littlehampton launch form the public ramp by the life boat station, went 11miles off yesterday to a big wreck the ore , fishing was great, boat records this year for me are 20lb conger eel 14lb thorback 12lb cod 14lb smooth hound 4lb pout 3lb wrass 3lb bream 2lb gurnard think that covers the interesting ones oh 2 n half pound macrel !!!! that was the most shocking to see, i normally head for kingmere rocks or black ledge 4miles off but now and then the calm sea makes the voices in my head to loud too cope with and i end up heading out over some of the many wrecks, thay are hard to pin point and i more often than not fail but the ones i have fished near and over have been worth the cris crossing of the area to find, its shocking how many fish ther are there you have to use big baits or you get hacked off with bringing up small pout and whiting !!! 40 in 2hours yesterday !!!!! [img][/img]
[img]Image[/img]

feenagh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been fishing for a while so took some pics on the drive. Feenagh is a 15 foot Seahog Shortie with 25HP Mercury(1992) and 4HP Yamaha(1980!). Both engines stored in garage when not in use. She has Garmin GPS and Fishfinder and Cobra VHF Radio. The boat was acquired in April this year and she has been used about ten times so far. This is my first boat and my only previous experience has been fishing on charter boats. I have completed the VHF radio course and intend to take the Powerboat 2 course next year. Fishing is mostly around Sheppey and into the Medway creeks so far but we intend to go further when we have more experience. The boat is equipped with the usual safety gear - oars, lifejackets, flares etc.Image

pro_hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here she is the little beauty.
Pic took just before setting of on sat for fleetwood

This is my first ever boat so with little boating experiance appart from going out on charters which doesnt count and going out on the boat before i bought it of a frie

Recently passed both the VHF radio And the Powerboat 2 course and planning on going one further with the intermediate.

She is a little seahog hunter with a 40 horse on the back and a 5hp aux, faster cruising speed to date was 24knots and handled like a dream with a bigger engine i think she could quite easily handle a little faster speed but 24 knots will do for me and is plenty fast enough until i gain more experiance.

i have some video footage somewere i will try dig it out and post it

cheers

Jay

togiduck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have had boats of alsorts of shapes and sizes for the past 20 years, and yet it was only 3 years ago I got my ICC, vhf tickets.

Here is my beloved Shetland 570, she is 5.7 m or 19ft in old money long.I have had for the past 4 years. I am based at AMBLE marina on the Northumberland coast although I do have a 4 wheel trailer for her, I never take her by road very far.

She is powered along by a 85HP Yamaha 2 stroke, or a 5HP Yamaha when the petrol prices are high.

I only live 2 miles from the marina, so come the summer months trips after work are frequent when the weather is good.

I fish for alsorts of fish in here, including a spot of sea spinning for Bass last year.

View next topic
View previous topic