ADVISE ON CATCHING FISH

Please feel free to ask any questions related to improving your casting here,Pendulum Casting, Off the ground Casting, Competitions Casting.
theonethatgotaway

ADVISE ON CATCHING FISH

Post by theonethatgotaway » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:00 pm

I went fishing today and i went on southend pier when i got there and got to my desired spot which was the third shelter along the stem i set up and discovered that more peolple were joining me in the same area overall therer was six fishermen and a total of ten rods with differant baits on 5 hours passed and nothing had been caught ( apart from the odd crab and seaweed) then out of the blue two fisherman caught at the same time and then it went quite agian could any one explain why with ten rods full of food nothing was caught i was very dissapointed and baffled by this

PLEASE CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN

seannylong

Post by seannylong » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:43 pm

You havent stated what time of the day it was and what state the tide was.
Were you getting bites or was it dead.What type of bait was in use and how often was it replaced with fresh.All those weights hitting the water at different times might have caused the fish to stay away.Was everyone quite or was there noise? :roll:
There is loads of questions to be asked but nobody can really say for sure what was the cause.You just need to eliminate them one by one and you will arrive at the answer. I hope. :wink:

theonethatgotaway

reply to your reply

Post by theonethatgotaway » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:59 pm

hi thanks for your reply , i was fishing in the day 12 o,clock high tide and it was reasonably calm i was useing makeral strip and peeler crab it was quiate apart from when the train went passed the idea of too many people makes sence there was a guy fishing 200 yards away on his own and he was quite fortunate

seannylong

Post by seannylong » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:01 pm

Maybe with so many different baits around the fish had too much to choose from causing them to be picky. :?
I have had days were I have sat for several hours fishing with peelers and squid and blanked but another guy comes along with rag and bang. :roll:
So if you dont have what the fish are looking no chance :cry:
I always have rag and sandeels with me no matter where I go.
Just in case the other bait doesnt work. :wink:

HoOkEd
Occasional
Occasional

Post by HoOkEd » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:56 pm

Hi theonethatgotaway, :D
seannylong wrote:So if you dont have what the fish are looking no chance :cry:
I always have rag and sandeels with me no matter where I go.
Just in case the other bait doesnt work. :wink:
This is very true... 8O

fished a wreck with lures today....mine were all blue the other angler had blue with white tails.... his strike rate was more than mine so after about 30mins I changed to a lure with a white tail.... 'hey presto'.... my strike rate increased to the same.... So white tails were flavour of the day

HoOkEd

theonethatgotaway

Post by theonethatgotaway » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:30 am

CHEERS M8 ALL THE ADVISE HELPS ILL GIVE IT A TRY