Recommended long distance casting line?

Please feel free to ask any questions related to improving your casting here,Pendulum Casting, Off the ground Casting, Competitions Casting.
frazzle

Recommended long distance casting line?

Post by frazzle » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:39 am

Can anyone tell me what is a good all rounder long distance casting line without breaking the bank? :roll:

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by medlar » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:22 pm

PENN SURF mate

Fantomcodcatcher

Post by Fantomcodcatcher » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Ultima F1 or distance

concrete

Post by concrete » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 pm

I like Sufix Tritanium (red). It is the toughest line I have ever used and it casts well.

concrete.

oldchukka

line

Post by oldchukka » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:40 am

we use ultima distance at n.w.s.a. highly recommend it

friendly_fisherman

braid

Post by friendly_fisherman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:59 am

anyone tried braid this wont only get you further in your casts it picks up bites better and not as affected by sea conditions for 300yds about 20 quid

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

not on a multiplier

Post by essexkenny » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:57 pm

i have a shakespeare multiplier which now have a buckle frame thanks to trying to cast braid from it........ I thought id try it on an old reel before putting it on either of my mag elites, and by hell am i glad i did. looks like the braid cut into its own coils when reeling in, and when i cast out again, the lead went about 25 - 30 ft before the line snatched as if i knocked the reel back into gear, and nearly pulled my rod from my hands....... i since realised the guy in the tackle shop was right when he told me it wasnt a good idea only use it with fix spool reels for casting!!! #-o

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Re: not on a multiplier

Post by crazy-dude » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 pm

essexkenny wrote:i have a shakespeare multiplier which now have a buckle frame thanks to trying to cast braid from it........ I thought id try it on an old reel before putting it on either of my mag elites, and by hell am i glad i did. looks like the braid cut into its own coils when reeling in, and when i cast out again, the lead went about 25 - 30 ft before the line snatched as if i knocked the reel back into gear, and nearly pulled my rod from my hands....... i since realised the guy in the tackle shop was right when he told me it wasnt a good idea only use it with fix spool reels for casting!!! #-o
I agree with this. the trouble with braid is that if you apply to much pressure when you are retrieving a lead or hook that is snagged it does what essexkenny said.
I would still recommend it for a fixed spool reel.
B-)

flukeyluke

Post by flukeyluke » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 am

The best line i have used for casting is sakuma,its cheep too and its what 90% of the field casters use including danny moskops(or however you spell it lol) try it,its great.

ROCK-ROVER

Re: not on a multiplier

Post by ROCK-ROVER » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 am

crazy-dude wrote:
essexkenny wrote:i have a shakespeare multiplier which now have a buckle frame thanks to trying to cast braid from it........ I thought id try it on an old reel before putting it on either of my mag elites, and by hell am i glad i did. looks like the braid cut into its own coils when reeling in, and when i cast out again, the lead went about 25 - 30 ft before the line snatched as if i knocked the reel back into gear, and nearly pulled my rod from my hands....... i since realised the guy in the tackle shop was right when he told me it wasnt a good idea only use it with fix spool reels for casting!!! #-o
I agree with this. the trouble with braid is that if you apply to much pressure when you are retrieving a lead or hook that is snagged it does what essexkenny said.
I would still recommend it for a fixed spool reel.
B-)

AND i will 3rd it
tight-lines not braid
ROCK-ROVER