Braided Fishing line ?

Please feel free to ask any questions related to improving your casting here,Pendulum Casting, Off the ground Casting, Competitions Casting.
seaeagle

Braided Fishing line ?

Post by seaeagle » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 am

hi guys, only recently started sea fishing, so would be grateful for some
help, how would i know how much backing to put on my abu 6500 when putting on braided line ?. happy fishing be safe.

sorry no naked girls just wanted your attention.

MadKev
Occasional
Occasional

naked line - braided girls

Post by MadKev » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi mate,

To do it well, you're gonna need two spare reels (or mates reels), you ain't gonna want to do this by hand. You'll need time to do it in one unbroken session, it can cause confusion.

Load the braid onto your Abu first, tie a good quality knot to join your backing line on, then load the backing until it comes to the level you want the finished result to be. I have it to 2mm from the spool lip, but cast control is down to you (generally, the less line you have on the reel the less prone you will be to birdsnests).

Next, wind the whole lot off (onto another reel) so the braid ends up on top. Then, wind it onto another reel again so the backing ends up on top. Finally, wind it all onto the Abu - perfect.

Once the braid starts loading on, if you ain't got a levelwind then feed it on with fast side to side line lay - if you do it cotton-reel style, when you get a snag or a heavy fish, the line will bed into the coils so that's as far as your next cast will go. Stripe it quickly across the reel, looks messy but stops embedding. If this ain't clear, PM me to save site space. MK

seaeagle

reply,.MadKev

Post by seaeagle » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Cheers Madkev, many thanks for the help, got 2 x 6500 so will be able to have a go.