PENDULUM CASTING

Please feel free to ask any questions related to improving your casting here,Pendulum Casting, Off the ground Casting, Competitions Casting.
ROCK-ROVER

PENDULUM CASTING

Post by ROCK-ROVER » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:12 pm

HI GUYS I WAS AVIN LESSONS OF A EXCELLENT CASTER AND VERY GOOD MATCH ANGLER UNFORTUNATLY HE MOVED BACK 2 BLACK-POOL HE WATCED ME CAST A COUPLE OF TIMES AND SOON POINTED OUT A FEW PROBLEMS IM STILL PRACTISING BUT LAST NITE ME ROD TIP SCAPED THE GROUND Y WAS THIS I USE A 12FT ZZIPLEX 2500 REEL 8IN UP FROM BUTT AND DROP OF 10/11FT ONCE I GET ME TIMING RITE I NO THAT LEAD WILL FLY ONLY A COUPLE OF TIMES IVE FELT THE ROD LOADED AND THE SPOOL SLIPPING SLIGHTLY I DO USE THUMB RUBBER 4 CONTROL ON SPOOL TIGHT-LINES ROCK-ROVER

zzippy247

Post by zzippy247 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:20 am

The only way that your rod tip can touch the ground is by you lowering your right hand (for right handers) too much when you start your body rotation/swing.......I would imagine its whenyou try to put extra ooomph into it....your body tenses up and to get more power into the cast you tend to try to drive your shoulder into the cast.

Its an easy thing to fix.....just concentrate on keeping that hand up and aplpying the power later on in the cast when your rod is fully loaded ( its seems to work best when your left hand (right handers again) is in front of your face....punch/pull there and your are adding your power to a loaded rod

I find that sometimes if im fishing a steep beach and i really try to welly it my weight just catches the ground...its for exactly the same reason....trying too hard......the whole of the pendulum cast is too load the rod with the minimum of effort put in......

Chris

ROCK-ROVER

Post by ROCK-ROVER » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:00 pm

hi zippy
uve hit the nail on the head with lowering rite hand
as i say it only happends now and again my instructor
at the time always told me 2 keep rite arm locked solid

its just knowin wen 2 apply the power its clear
im puttin it in 2 early as cast are falling bout the 160
mark over grass
i use a 2500 original ad it many yrs really like the rod
but thinkin of gettin new rod wot rods on market are there