Liquid bait Attractants

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Liquid bait Attractants

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 am

Do liquid attractants work? Such things like extract of lug, fish guts, extract of mackerel and so on. All these sold in very small bottles a what I would call a very dear price considering the amount in the bottle.

Using them individually made no significant difference to my catch, so I decided to mix them all together and use it to liven up some of my old baits.
It's a bit messey to use, smelly liquid all over your hands and takes ages to get rid of but yes my catches did increase, the other thing I noticed was that the fish size also increased as I was catching better quality fish.

I have tested it out over a long period about 2yrs now so it's not just a flash in the pan kind of thing. The strong smelly mixture must leave a hell of a scent that atracts fish from a greater distance to that of using just a normal bait.

I know that a lot of new stuff out on the market is designed to catch fishermen rather than fish but this really does work.

The coarse anglers have been using it for years with great results.
Has anyone else tried it?

Cheers
keith :D :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 am

My issue with it is depends on the tide as baits tend to wash out quickly. This glug wont last long in a strong tide i would imagine :-/

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Re: Liquid bait Attractants

Post by Iknowagoodplaice » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 pm

rabbi2 wrote:Do liquid attractants work? ...

The coarse anglers have been using it for years with great results.
Has anyone else tried it?

Cheers
I'm sceptical whether coarse anglers really have had great results; if all these pongy scents (many of them unnatural - e.g. chocolate) are widely used and fish are caught, there'll be claims that they work.

One would think the right food smell would work, but it's very difficult to establish with any certainty.

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Do you use them for boat, beach or both?
Cheers Ian.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 pm

I use them for both shore and boat fishing my mate
Cheers

Grimreaper

Post by Grimreaper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi all
well im going tomorrow and have some peeler crab liquid im going to try,ive also been reading that aniseed oil does work but its dear,got that aswell.
pro plus oil is supposed to work but who knows,will let you know how i get on.
Gaz

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 pm

The best result I have ever witnessed was from a mash of tuna and mackerel put into one of those 35mm film cassettes with a few holes drilled in it and then attached to the main line just above the sinker. A mate of mine did it with a rig which had four size 1 hooks baited with mack strip and within minutes he hauled it back in with a whiting on every hook!
Talk about industrial fishing..........

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:43 pm

I still use the same system but I would sure as hell like to try it up in Scotland which I will be fishing next year.
Cheers

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 am

I think they work as good as your lucky underpants do !!!

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 pm

ive used something similar to eccles camara thingy.its called a sea scenter.basically a swimfeeder with breakaway grips.load it up with leftover bait etc,its weighted 3-4ozs.
tried it on a session with wannacatch1 and a few others at hayling,it out fished the others.luck or what?.
would think ,anything that can put more scent in the water has got to increase the catch rate.
mick

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 am

Some folk just won't try anything new and seem to be stuck in their own ways. If you first try something new and it doesn't work for you then fair enough., but at least give it a go before you knock it.

I remember when I posted about the breakaway Cannon, such a small insjgnificant invention and yet it made a great hit with those who use fixed spool reels, I even suplied a couple of lads in South wales with a couple of the as they wern't available in the Swansea area at that time, both confirmed that there casting distance had improved without the risk of a sore or cut finger.
Cheers

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 pm

youve got to try new ideas that come on the market.some will work some wont.iam fishing tomorrow and using baited rig on one rod and the seascenter on the other.think i know whats going to catch more.
mick

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Over the years I have been coarse fishing the liquid flavours have certainly given all sorts of baits an edge over unflavoured ones,one of my first ones being spicy flavours on maggots.Also when I fish abroad a floating swimfeeder filled with mashed bread,tuna and squid it has left a nice trail in the harbour for fish to home in on.Why certain "unatural" flavours attract fish is still a mystery,but if they give an edge to your bait then I'm all for it.
After all,the shark boats have been using "rubby-dubby"for years to lay a scent trail.

Merry Xmas to all, Mick :D :D :D