Littlun

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Littlun

Post by geordiesandman »

i'm thinking about taking my little girl (4yrs) fishing .... probably blyth docks so she can sit in the car if she gets bored. but as he cant cast yet (i dont think) do you think i'll have any luck dropping daylights down the jetty or float fishing ( or combining the owo even!! has anyone got any experience...??

how far up river do the makerel usually come?

cheers,

graham

mickymad109

Post by mickymad109 »

only seen one maccy caught up river in the last couple of years , if the coalies are in then you should have no bother catching down the edges but it depends on wether the bait fish have gone up river yet

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

i know theres been som big catches on the north side near alcan, but how close can you get to the water in a car, and whats the terain like?

mickymad109

Post by mickymad109 »

if your on about fishing the river from cambois side you can park pretty much next to the wooden jettys , the grounds the same as blyth side , or if your talking about behind alcan bins then the ramps ( high tide mark)your best shot with a littlun with you , the reports of big fish being caught it wouldnt be that 15 pound cod would it cos its rubbish m8 lol , watch out once you cross the train tracks at alcan as theres no road only dirt track with some deep holes but you can get down no bother just take care , theres allways the mouth of the wansbeck but you have to leave the car in the car park and walk along to it chance of flats and schoolie bass , best fish on the flood though

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi graham
i would sugest that you dont take your gear and that way you can totaly concerntrate on the little one and help them .after all if they get bored fishing siting in the car i would think is going to be just as boring for them
cheers steve

whitbydiver
Regular
Regular

Post by whitbydiver »

:D HI GRAHAM ST PETERS BASIN IS AN IDEAL SPOT FOR THE LIL ONES ALL RAILED OFF AND U CAN CET THE CAR RITE NEXT TO THE RAILINGS AND THERE ARE FISH ON THE EDGE O THE WALL AS MY DAUGHTER SHOWED ME LOL,PLUS IF U GET BORED THE MARINA IS ONLY TWO MINS AWAY TO LOOK AT THE BOATS ALSO A REALLY NICE PUB WITH OUTSIDE SEATING,ALL IN ALL A GOOD DAY OUT .
I HOPE THIS HELPS U MATE.
SCREEMIN REELS.
WHITBY.
P.S STEVE/DCM U MITE WANNA PUT THIS MARK ON YOUR SECTION AS IT IS ALL FLAT AND HAS IDEAL ACCESS FOR THE DISABLED ANGLER.

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

thanks lads.

that cod?? the lad in the tackle shop showed me a pic of the lad that caught it, holding the catch. not sure if it was 15lb but it was a fair size. apparently caught on a hand line.....