CLOSE SHAVE

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
squidhead
Regular
Regular

CLOSE SHAVE

Post by squidhead »

HI guys. Long time since i put a report up. Had been trying to get back in the hang of fishing, as not been good last few months, with 3 bereavements in family.
Almost a 4th one, me, went to Hornsea today , south side nr caravan park. Was cold and sunny, sea was throwing up rollers every so often, didnt seem much to worry about. Till i got caught by a rogue wave, knocked clean off my feet and almost dragged into the sea. my life flashed before my eyes, thinking this is it. soaked to the bone from waist downwards and shaking like mad, some how got myself back on my feet, lost all worms and squid, managed to save tackle box which was in danger of going.
Have decided that beach fishing on my own, isnt for me now, and am calliing it a day. so moderaters have my blessing to delete my account forwith.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Shame that you giving up fishing, surely there are safe beahes for you to fish and there's always boat trips. Sorry to hear about your loses. I can understand you being in the dumps.

By the way mods cannot ban members only Mrix has that power.
Best of luck
Cheers
keith :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy »

martin theres no need to give up fishing if you pm me your number you can come with me and also you can fish the river safely and at the moment the river is out fishing the coast theres loads of fishing marks in the river you do not know i will show you were to go

CoolCaster

Post by CoolCaster »

No need to give it up Martyn.

I PM'd you a while ago. If you send me your number again (i changed my phone) I will give you a call and happily fish with you wherever you want to go mate.

Bricktop

Post by Bricktop »

There are always people to help you out here Martin. I fished at Spurn back in the summer along side you. Just put a post on and someone will fish with you, you've had some tough times, just persevere.

squidhead
Regular
Regular

Post by squidhead »

TY for offers of help and advice. I will take them up, but first i need to go out and get a good pair of boots and a good weather/water proof suit. Dont think the bib and brace and smocktop i have are suitable for winter fishing.

jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 »

Get your self a floatation suit not only will it keep you warm it will save your life if you do get swept into the sea like i did a few years ago, and allways go fishing in pairs so if anything / accidents happen you will have someone to raise the alarm

Dave :D

tallpaul

Post by tallpaul »

Best bit of advice you can get is, don't go on your own, there is nearly always someone who will go with you, p.m any of the Hull lads and if they aren't going they will know someone who is. even if it's only on the river it still gets you out!! PAUL..

bomberpete
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bomberpete »

Martin, don't give up on the fishing, if you ever want to go on a sunday, give us a pm mate...

PS: struggling to get out fishing lately with being busy at work, and when i've had the free time, the weather conditions haven't been good, but i did get my first codling of the season from the River early last week..

MPM