Southsea today

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Southsea today

Post by pompeyjoe » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Fished Southsea today just to the left of the pier as this was out of the wind a bit, originally planned more Eastney end but it was quite windy.

Started fishing early 11:30 way before high tide but not been a while and thought we would make a day of it, 4 rods 10 hooks out with rag squid and macky, not even a bite!!! fished until rain hit us at 17:00ish and decided to call it a day.

Was quite nice when the sun was out, and my face is glowing so at least I caught the sun.............There's always next time.........I'm of to the chippy

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Fri May 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Will be having another go on Tuesday Eastney end this time hopefully will find a Plaice or two.

Very quiet on here at the moment.........is there anyone out there??

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Fri May 06, 2016 8:49 pm

yep agree a bit slow at the moment.hold my hands up been off line lately and working.some rays showing along our shores from selsey through to hill head area .3 different species caught in a evening.small eyed,blondes.spotted and the thornies.,yes I know that's 4 but anglers catching 3 out of the 4
off to aldernay on the 16th may for 5 days aboard gleen cairns boat from hayling.hopefully may post a video of trip
mick

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks for the reply Mick, good to hear there's a bit being caught should start getting better now.

Will post report from my Tuesday trip hopefully with some news of a Plaice or two :)

Joe

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Tue May 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Fished Eastney today straight down inline with the swimming pool, arrived at 10:30 high tide 15:30 was raining a bit when I arrived but not too bad.
Set up 2 rods both with plenty of beads etc hoping for a plaice, rag and squid for bait.pretty quiet for the 1st couple of hours then a spider crab, still quiet an hour later then I spotted a seal about 100 yards out(probably explains why it was quiet) had a bite just after high tide and pulled in a school Bass around about a pound, returned safely then had another about the same size about an hour later.
Bit of a mixture with the weather rain sun and quite a bit of fog. Packed up just after 17:00

Not the best days fishing I've ever had but at least I didn't blank.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Sat May 14, 2016 7:45 pm

you got and made the effort mate.