aldernay trip 16 may

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

aldernay trip 16 may

Post by nthendpompey » Mon May 23, 2016 9:28 pm

well guys got back from my 5day trip to aldernay aboard valkery7 out of hayling.we left hayling at 7am Monday,stopped at dean tail to feather some mackerel up,we had one.so with the nice weather the skipper headed for aldernay.we arrived at 12 .30,feathered some launce and started fishing for the turbos.2nd drift had us a 15lber on the boat followed by my best of the trip at 9 3/4lb.we had a couple of 8lbers and a few 6lbers.2nd day we headed to the shoal banks,smaller size fish but in numbers,best of the day was 10lb1oz,with a 6lb+brill..wensday we braved the winds and fished the same grounds again,was hard work but picked few up,plus a fair few weavers,on 4/0hooks.we moved closer in to aldernay and picked up a few Pollack and wrasse at anchor.thursday saw us sitting the day out on the shoals bank again still picking up turbos and brill a few keepers.friday we headed home stopping off about hr into the journey to fish a reef.my first two drifts resulted in two Pollack ,best around the 7lb mark taken on sidewinder lures.we hit 3 more wrecks on the way back,resulting in a 17lb cod and 13lb Pollack to the boat with many 7lb Pollack and cod.
excellent weeks fishing.
mick

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Well done Mick plenty of fish and a great report :)

I had a day on Valkarie last year off the I.O.W nice boat.

Joe