ardnamurchan west coast of scotland.

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here

ardnamurchan west coast of scotland.

Post by mark1964 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:23 pm

hi their hope this is the right forum. anyway newbie started fishing again and loving with a century ignitor and a mag525. still trying to find my way round the site so sorry if in wrong place. anyhow from the northeast and looking forward to winter for cod.
hi all going to scotland this week end for holday in ardnamurchan west coast of scotland.
has anybody been their and if you have could you give me any information where to fish on shore and what baits are preferred and where can you by the baits from. cheers mark

Post by Boxerman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:58 pm

I don't know which route you're taking to Ardnamurchan, but you can get bait from the gun shop in Fort Bill, I don't know of anywhere else unless you can find some mackerel in one of the shops in Strontian or Acharacle.
Loch Sunart is very kelpy from the shore, I was advised to get onto the rock outcrops in order to avoid the worst of it. Someone advised me to fish from the ferry terminal jetty at Kilchoan but the place was packed when we got there :(
There was a guy spinning off the jetty beneath the lighthouse who got some big pollack but lost 4 lures in the kelp while I was there. Beautiful beaches at Sanna but they were full of bathers and also at Ardtoe. Nothing but crabs from the beach at Castle Tioram. It "might" be worthwhile fishing off the rocks on the North side of the castle, into the channel, but be aware that it's cut off at high tide.