Skegness

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Skegness

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:47 am

Ha d a day out with the missus and kids at skeggy today. Have not done sea fishing for a long time but seeing the beach again started to make me rethink wether to start it up again. Although skegness looks a flat shallow beach, does anyone have any fishing experience there?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:42 am

Better at Brid and not too far away.
Cheers
keith :D :D

hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hatter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 pm

not sure how skegness is doing but just to let you know bridlington is aprox 95 miles away.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Cheers for the replies. Brid a bit too far away for a session, skegness is only 45 miles away so a bit more closer ;)

donnylad

Post by donnylad » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Try a bit further north mate chaple point.trunch lane,sixmarshes,huttoft,sandilands.all fish really well in the summer,not so prolific in the winter months ,but on odd occasions will produce cod...you really neend to keep your ear to the ground.....get to know one or two local tackle shop's....they'l always help with info,.....they need your custom ;).....mick.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm

donnylad wrote:Try a bit further north mate chaple point.trunch lane,sixmarshes,huttoft,sandilands.all fish really well in the summer,not so prolific in the winter months ,but on odd occasions will produce cod...you really neend to keep your ear to the ground.....get to know one or two local tackle shop's....they'l always help with info,.....they need your custom ;).....mick.

Cheers for the advice ;)

hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hatter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Flattie in my experiance the tackle shops only want to sell bait and gear and the info i have been given for example loads of cod coming out and yting are in is just rubish best people to speak to are the locals

donnylad

Post by donnylad » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 pm

So bait shop's are not to be trusted?....same as angler's really some want to help some don't.....the info i received and help from tacle 4 u in igolmells as been spot on,,,if it wasn't i wouldn't have used them more than once......simple .

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi flattie
I had a week in ingoldmells last week fished chapel point a couple of times and there were loads of whiting up to 15 inches and a good pound in wieght. I was catching on everything but the bigger ones were on small squid and bluey.
Cheers Ian

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh and on anoter point tackle 4u has been brought out by used tackle the big tackle shop upthe market.
Cheers Ian

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:08 am

I have known anglers and tackle shops to tell the odd porkie. Way of life for some im afraid. I tend to find out myself on venues i know if the fishing is good. But having moved to lincolnshire the east coast is alien to me. So its good to trawl the net and see past catch reports to see what has been caught. Good to know that the species are about especially the smuts to double figures. Will be hitting them next year, the issue i got is building my gear up again. Got my greys rod and rod rests just need a multiplier and tackle ;)