JUST ANOTHER NEWBY

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
allymac

JUST ANOTHER NEWBY

Post by allymac » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:00 am

Hi all
Being very new to this and VERY confused when it comes to reels has anyone got advice .........I went on a 36 hr trip on the chieftain and really enjoyed bringing back a real haul of fish (which was a real buzz on my first ever trip) ..however the reel i had was really rubbish and hard work (spinning round in my hand as its so small)everyone else seemed to drop and retrieve much quicker than me so what iam asking is which reel do i need that will take 60/80lb line and make the whole process a little easier .....i have a 50lb class ugly stik which is great but the reel ive chucked it !!

any advice please!!

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 am

Welcome the forums m8,First of all what are you fishing for but I am sure you wont need 80lb line,my boat reels are loaded with 20lb.And what sort of money do you want to spend?

DAZ

allymac

Post by allymac » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 am

HI DAZ and thanks for reply i have been wreck fishing about 90 miles out and its not uncommon to have 3 15/20 pound cod on at once so i need the gear that will cope with that i have just been looking at a Penn Special Senator 6/0 High Speed Wide Spool 114HLW not sure if that will be okay or not perhaps you do (thats the sort of money i want to spend )(100-150)
ANY advice will be gladly recieved

allan