Grays G-Mag reels

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm

I find telephoning generally gets a better response to emailing - too easy to ignore an email or forget to reply- dont know when you emailed them but the shop in Alnwick could well be closed for the Christmas/New Year period.

Took about a minute to find this on the greys website so not quite sure I agree with you about there being NOTHING on their website about these reels.

http://www.greysfishing.com/en-gb/produ ... -mag-reel/

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm

I tend to agree, last year I phoned Daiwa (yes I know it's a different firm) for some spares. The lady who answered asked what I needed and to my amazement announced that they were not very expensive and they would send them straight away FOC. The bits arrived two days later!

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm

eccles wrote:I tend to agree, last year I phoned Daiwa (yes I know it's a different firm) for some spares. The lady who answered asked what I needed and to my amazement announced that they were not very expensive and they would send them straight away FOC. The bits arrived two days later!
Think it applies across the board Eccles- too many seem to have lost the ability to pick up a phone and speak to people preferring to send an email- In my job i've had people rant at me via email then when i phone them up they lose the sense of speech, turn into a gibbering wreck and apologise for their rudeness.

edwin

Post by edwin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Would highly recommend the 6--I'm an oldie too, own and have owned many good reels but I bought the Greys 6 last year' have been using it on a 16ft Penn beachcaster & its the business.

Saying that the endless crawling around the East & South Coast last year and the poor fishing on the beaches lately has seen me invest in a Kayak & the big rods are now stored.

Been finding the worst problem these days to be the abundance of weed, especially in or near the larger river estuaries that drain off the now well over fertilised agricultural lands. It's wicked at times.

gag1951

Post by gag1951 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:58 am

If anyone can point me to where the user instructions are to be found on the Greys website I will be a happy man. As for phoning, I completely disagree as I am of the opinion that by giving them something in writing and retaining a copy as proof, they dont have an argument that you didnt send them anything. Phone calls can be denied and regardless of when the 'e mail' was sent over the holiday period, (which in fact, it wasnt), I would have thought a reply would have been courteous. I stick by what I said and will not touch any Greys products in future if my experience is the norm for this company.

gag1951.

p.s. I dont turn into a 'gibbering wreck' when someone phones me !!!!!

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Well I sent an online enquiry via their website as linked by FlattieFanatic- got an immediate acknowledgement and within 24 hours they sent me the schematic and instructions on a PDF file in glorious colour- if you want them i'll email them to you unless someone can tell me how to post a pdf document on the site?

Well Done Greys

edwin

Post by edwin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:25 am

You are right--I have got to the point of feigning deafness & never use the phone. Half the time it's foreign call centres or automated electronic responses which go no where and its not just Tackle companies. Gone are the days when little 'Mabel' sorted it in 10 minutes.

It's hard to get any information on Greys products let alone the reel--though it's a good one.

Writting is the best means--now the challenge is finding the address, they've all gone to the moon!. No one gives a 'Toss' except taking your money.

gag1951

Post by gag1951 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:57 am

Cheers Edwin, Could not agree more !
gag1951

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

AS I said I got the instructions from them with ease
Last edited by Ilurvmatthayes on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 am

[quote="edwin"]
It's hard to get any information on Greys products let alone the reel...

quote]

Rubbish! I got a full reply within less than 24 hours- their website is stuffed with information and reviews of their products- far more comprehensive than most tackle manufacturers websites- I have no links with Greys and to be honest wouldnt use their gear but it's bang out of order to put down a company in that manner when it's clearly incorrect.

Maybe it's a Northern thing.

gag1951

Post by gag1951 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 am

Starting to get a little bit out of hand this thread I think. The fact cannot be ignored that both Edwin and I have had bad experiences with this Company and that cannot be ignored. If your experience is positive, then thats fine but I stand by what I said. I am STILL waiting for a reply of ANY kind from them.
cheers.
gag1951

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:15 am

Fair enough- do you want the instructions I got for you ?

gag1951

Post by gag1951 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 am

That would be great mate and much appreciated.
cheers,
gag1951

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 am

no problem- pm me an email address and i'll send it to you- i've tried attaching the pdf file to the site but cant get it to work.