Hooking wragworm

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hooking wragworm

Post by Geggy_poos »

i went sea fishing today down of hegitsbury head groin. i used wragworm as bait and wondered what is a good size hook to use wragworm with!?! i also want to know how to hook the worm correctly as im new to sea fishing and have only ever used maggots for the river.

sorry for all the questions i ep asking :-S :-S but soon ill know all there is! (i wish lol)

cheers greg

shannock
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by shannock »

none of us know all there is
so just keep askin no problems

any size hook will do just break off a bit of worm to suit the hook

a small hook will catch big fish

grab the rag worm by the head end and thread it on the hook leaving the point and barb free

this time of year you can use a size 1 or 2 unless you are using big baits for bass then 2/0 or bigger
if hoping for dover sole go even smaller size 4

good luck
cheers steve

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

thanks for the help :D :D

this forum is so good! everyone is so nice and helpfull and i always get a quick reply.

cheers, greg

Welchy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Welchy »

I usually use 1/0 or 2/0 hooks just grip the worm firmly behind the head and thread it on past the eye of the hook bringing the point out about 3/4 way down leaving the tail to waggle.

zziply

Post by zziply »

Your best bet is to buy a baiting needle from your tackle shop. Put the point through the mouth of the ragworm and thread it all the way on to the needle. Put the hook point into the flat end of the needle inside the hole and hold the line (snood) tight. Now simply whizz the worm on making sure the hook point is clear.

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

thanks i saw a bloke using one yesterday but didnt know what it was :-S
ill try and get one today or tomurrow :D :D

thanks

greg