Worms

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
ruark

Worms

Post by ruark »

I'm very new to sea fishing and was wondering about worms. now i know you can use the obvious Rag or Lug but has anyone ever tried Eartworm? I know they are sometimes used in coarse fishing, but can they be used for beach fishing? I apologise if i am being an idiot! :P

Thanks

Ru

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Welcome to the site and sea fishing!! Dont be a fraid to ask any kinda question here as it will allways be answerd and nobody will make fun of you for asking. As for earthworm I know ive never tried it and never would as theres no natural source for earth worm in the sea I think it would be highley likely you would catch anything on it. But dont let me stop if you want to try it because ive heard of stranger baits catching sea fish!!

Craig
Last edited by 4CodsSake on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruark

Post by ruark »

Thanks, i suppose there's no harm in taking a couple down with me, wont cost me anything, i'll let you know how i get on.

Ru

osean
Occasional
Occasional

Post by osean »

Hello Ru, welcome to the site. Earthworms! I have used them in tidal rivers, they will blanch out & shrivel a bit, the good news is that I caught fish albeit eels & flounder. If you put on a good batch then I don't expect the crabs will mind, no seriously try anything once, nobody will learn unless by experiment. Post how you get on.
Will

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Earth worms are a good bait for flounder as they love them and feed on them quite regulary in estuaries especially during the rainy season. Cheers keith

ruark

Post by ruark »

Well after all that i couldn't find any worms of a suitable size ie anything bigger than a maggot in my garden, typical when you dont want to see them they're all over the place. I got some ragworm in the end and gave them a go. First time i've used them not sure if i was hooking them right. Went to Milford-on Sea and Keyhaven and blanked but it was a nice day and discovered a couple of really nice beaches, so it wasn't all bad.

Thanks for the replies anyway

Ru

hagwag

Post by hagwag »

If you want to get loads of worms from your garden just get a bucket of water and chuck some washing up liquid in it then poor it on the soil/grass. You'll get loads of the buggers. A bit cruel as your basicly starving them O2 but as they're gonna die anyway....

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

rabbi2 wrote:Earth worms are a good bait for flounder as they love them and feed on them quite regulary in estuaries especially during the rainy season. Cheers keith
estaurie fishing is good with earthworm , flattys , eels and mullet will have a go at then , always worth a shot :D