Bait additives?

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
Smithy_A

Bait additives?

Post by Smithy_A »

Any one use any? Which are best?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I have used them on a boat when my bait wasn't at its best and have outfished everyone on board. Now weather it was because my bait was smelly or if it was down to the atracters Im not sure,

I found that by mixing them all togetherin a rubby dubby down by the side of a pier or wall they work wonders for drawing the fish to your baitt area. Hope this helps.
Cheers keith :D :D :D

Smithy_A

Post by Smithy_A »

Inever really fished off a pier. Was going to try Deal Pier last time i was there, but it was packed. What additive did you use?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Lug, Mackerel Herring fish gits all mixed together. I warn you now that this concoction really stinks to high heaven but it works. cheers keith :D :D

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

I mixed up something like that a couple of months ago using squid, mackeral, herring, lugworms, ragworm and mussells and a bit of soaked bread to stodge it up a bit, then put it into small bags left it to go off (outside of course) for a couple of days, Put into a sealed tupperware box because the smell was absolutely terrible, and froze it.
Then when we got to the beach at low tide, we cast out from the high tide mark and buried in a small area about 20ft square around where the lead landed. Worked an absolutely treat!! :D :D
That was at Clacton, but i havent tried it along where i live, as the tide doesnt really go out very far. Although I might give it try along southend seafront and see if it works there!!! >:)