Either Rag or Lug?

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
spike22

Either Rag or Lug?

Post by spike22 »

Hi all going fishing for the first time in 3 months tomorrow morning and was wondering if you would recommend using either rag or lugworm to go with the squid and mackeral i have?

cheers all

codfather911

d';

Post by codfather911 »

i would say lug worm m8 and tip it off with squid or makeral seems 2 be whats catch the fish all round the country hop that helps you
codfather B-)

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

Or you could always try both?
I usually do, as lug have the scent, and rag wriggle about well on the bottom! :D
Add a small slither of squid to either though so it can flap about in the current, as that apparently helps a fish home in on it.

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle »

If you know the area you are going to fish use the type of worm found there, lug on sand or mud and rag on gravelly or rocky gullies.If you are floatfishing or off the seabed paternostering as kenny said ragworm have that extra wriggle.

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

Spike one thing to remember fishing the Bristol Channel on the Welsh side is the colour of the water.

Fish feed on smell only until you get maybe down as far as Barry where it resembles what the sea should look like.

If you say where you are fishing it is more use to peeeps answers.

Rag tipped with squid will catch most of whats there.add a fish or sandeel tip for the dogs/eels.
unless you targeting a certain fish stick to them no need for lugg the cod have gone

make sure you put plenty on the scent is the big factor not the visual side of the bait.
;)

THIS IS A OLD _POST LADS :-/

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle »

So it is, missed it first time but at least he got a few whiting.
Good old whiting , they don`t care much what type of worm it is. :D