prawns uncooked in the shell

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
kingcrab

prawns uncooked in the shell

Post by kingcrab »

has anyone any ideas where i can get hold of some uncooked prawns there seems to be a shortage of this variety around these parts tried the usual supermarkets fish stalls in the market etc etc

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Re: prawns uncooked in the shell

Post by findus »

kingcrab wrote:has anyone any ideas where i can get hold of some uncooked prawns there seems to be a shortage of this variety around these parts tried the usual supermarkets fish stalls in the market etc etc

hi king crab i get mine from tesco mate but with no heads

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

cheeks1991

Post by cheeks1991 »

so you can use normal prawn from tesco for bass and cod. i always thought they were already cooked :-/

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by findus »

cheeks1991 wrote:so you can use normal prawn from tesco for bass and cod. i always thought they were already cooked :-/
no you can get raw prawns

cheeks1991

Post by cheeks1991 »

oh right. how do use them on a rig? and what fish are they best for ? also whens the best time of year to use them?

A_Smithy

Post by A_Smithy »

Damn i was gonna ask the same question as cheeks pmsl =))

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by findus »

cheeks1991 wrote:oh right. how do use them on a rig? and what fish are they best for ? also whens the best time of year to use them?
hi cheeks and smithy
i use raw prawns all year round but mostly in winter with black lug for the cod 2 or 3 black lug and 1 or 2 prawns on a pennal pulley rig all so i use bits for tip off for plaice and dabs and use bait elastic it's said it's the nearest thing to crab

findus

cheeks1991

Post by cheeks1991 »

cheers mate ill give them a go in halfterm and let you know how i get on