razor fish

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

razor fish

Post by redmouse »

hey all.
i went into the local asian supermarket today to get a fresh mack for tonight and spotted nets of fresh razor on the counter. they were only 8euro a kg so decided to give them a go. got the biggest bunch they had for E7.50. their fairly small but had about 45 in the bunch. i reckon youd get one bait out of each shell, or 2 shells for a big bait for bigger fish. they were imported from holland and not sure if their any good or not but well worth a try at that price.
their usually around E5-E5.50 in bait shops(in ireland) for 5 but these ones are fairly big. probably 3 baits per shell.
when i asked how often they'd have them they said probably every week from now on.

i dunno what price they are in the UK tackle shops but might be worth checking out the local fish markets or asian shops to see if the prices are as good as here.

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by westy »

they about the same as you in the uk 5pound for 5 razorfish, it cheaper to buy them from a fish market i can get a kg of them for 10pounds and they are all over 8inchs long 30+razors

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

used them last night and ill be buying them again. i blanked X( X( X( but my friend had 2 Bass on them. 2.5lbs and a lovely fat 4.5lber within 10 minutes of each other.
i was raging. he was using my bait, my traces, my leads and i drove. he kept at me that it was the best "free" nights fishing he'd ever had. he very nearly walked the 30miles home :) :) :)

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by westy »

unlucky mate with the blank its just one of them days.

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

westy wrote:unlucky mate with the blank its just one of them days.
ive been having plenty of them days recently. went back to the same spot last night only to find the surf missing. both of us blanked this time. place looked like a pond.

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

Redmouse, if your mate starts next time, dont make him walk home, make him swim. >:)