Lugworm care

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
barbel

Lugworm care

Post by barbel »

Can somebody tell me the best thing to do with lugworm when it's picked up in the afternoon for fishing next morning? Is it best to leave alone and put in the shed or should it go in a coolbox? Is it also best to change the newspaper in the evening? (gives em something to read during the night)
Thanks,
Matty :-/

squiresoak

Post by squiresoak »

Hi Matty I'm sure the literate lug would appreciate something fresh to read, if you keep them in a cool place overnight they will be fine for tomorrow.

Cheers squiresoak

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

Fridge or cold place mate.Wrap in fresh paper when you get them home after getting any dead ones out.

Try wrapping in any old playboy mags youve got,they will be rigid and ready to go next morning .lol

regards

mike :D

barbel

Post by barbel »

Cheers Guys, Great advice but the lugs will have to make do with the sport as the mucky mags are mine >:)

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

i usually sort them when i dig them. i use old chinese containers to store them. i usually put a layer of damp paper in, 10 worms and another layer of damp paper and into the fridge when i get home.
if im not using them the next day i change the paper and remove dead/damaged ones daily till i use them. ive had them alive for about 7 days doing this. my bait fridge is pretty crap tho and in a better one they can last 10-12 days.
if im using them the same day or next morning i just remove the broken ones and put them into a bigger container.