WD-40

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
FLUFFY

WD-40

Post by FLUFFY »

I"ve tried it once when tope fishing,,i caught tope with it, and without it, made no difference only put a mild oily slick in water,one problem with using it was overspray,made deck slippery(more) i say conduct your own tests-my best advice to catch more is to wear your lucky pants!

scubadude

wd40 comes out and catches.

Post by scubadude »

ah the wd40 thing,

i was fishing the other day and some guy came along and said about this spraying wd40 on my squid i thought he was pulling my pisser, then next time me and a pal was fishing i noticed he had taken a can of it out of my van and was using it, and he caught a cod of about 3lb. was this luck or does this stuff really work, hmmm, i might try some 3 in 1 oil next time lol..... :-O

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

We have a few posts on this subject, try the search funtion ;)
cheers
mrix

mattynewks

Post by mattynewks »

I hear it works, but do we really need it on the ocean? you may catch a fish and return it, but if it's poisoned, possibility is that it will poison its predator??

FLUFFY

Post by FLUFFY »

STICK TO YOUR LUCKY PANTS! >:)

crazyfish

Post by crazyfish »

FLUFFY wrote:STICK TO YOUR LUCKY PANTS! >:)
i have been boat angling for 23 yrs i have tried the wd40 factor and over 30 trips used two rods and the one that i baited with mackerel squid etc etc . i have always caught at least 50 % more on the baits soaked with wd40 i now use it on both rods . the only times i found it didnt catch was when i used peeler crab

tight lines