help! peelers

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

help! peelers

Post by sm00thh0und »

peeler ?
now i have no trouble with riging a peeler to the hook but my dad seems to have trouble with it they seem to go all mushy personaly ive always taken a frozen or a fresh crab and bait elasticated it first before sticking it on the hook this might not be the proper way of baiting up on the hook but it seems to work for me i tried to tell him to try my way he has but its still dont work for him is there any advic e on baiting it correctly apart from out the leg sockets !!!!

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, have you tried a strip of cling film slightly narrower than the bait, and long enough to wrap round it, then elasticate it. I do this with soft baits all the time, specially macky which sometimes explodes on casting, :D Cheers..Mick

maggot

Post by maggot »

cut crab in half,slide it upthe hook,bind it on ,get other half put on the hook leaving point showing bind this on,holding the point it should be easier to get the elastic bound on both pieces.thats what i do.

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

thanks ppl its not me tho that needs the help lmao but ill just have to help him lol

scoob8254
Regular
Regular

Post by scoob8254 »

Hi, have you tried a strip of cling film slightly narrower than the bait, and long enough to wrap round it, then elasticate it. I do this with soft baits all the time, specially macky which sometimes explodes on casting, Cheers..Mick
is this instead of bait eleastic or as well

scoobs

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, as well as, just to hold it firm while your casting out. as the ends are open the scent isnt restricted in any way, and its colourless so doesnt put fish off, Cheers...Mick