HOW 2 KEEP RAGWORM

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
ROCK-ROVER

HOW 2 KEEP RAGWORM

Post by ROCK-ROVER » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:35 am

HI ALL AFTER JUST SPENDING 2HRS IN STICKY STICKING SINKING MUD/SAND TO GET 100 RAG SUM KING-SIZE WOULD NOW LIKE 2 NO HOW 2 KEEP THEM FRESH 4 2MORRA'S BRITTISH OPEN AT DEAL TIGHT-LINES
ROCK-ROVER

Nem
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Nem » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:46 am

Just put them in a tray with sea water covering the worms and then pop them in the fridge. Many people say this will keep them going for the next week or two. If you want to be safe, change the water everyday.

ROCK-ROVER

Post by ROCK-ROVER » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:54 am

HI NEM THANKS 4 REPLY WILL DO JUST THAT
ALSO BEEN TOLD 2 KEEP THEM IN SALTY GRIT AS THIS ALSO TOUGHEND'S THEM UP TIGHT-LINES ROCK-ROVER

rocket

Post by rocket » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:20 am

Just wrap them in newspaper like when you buy them, and put them in the fridge, they will be more than fine, you can eevn re-wrap asgain tonight and in the morning if you want.

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:06 pm

One good tip - dont put them in the freezer by accident as I done once in preparation for a big bournemouth open match :((
All I can say once they defrosted .... well what a mess!!!! :(( :))
Cheers
mrix

gallagher08
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gallagher08 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:39 pm

DONE THE SAME THING :D :D

Welchy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Welchy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 am

In the fridge wrapped in newspaper with a little bit of moist compost, check everyday and remove any dead worms and re-new paper.

jonathon92

Post by jonathon92 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:44 pm

you can keep them in a cat litter tray or fish tank and put in some sand ( make sure its from the sea) and top it up with sea water every now and then. you can actually keep them for months like this because they eat the sand. make sure you remove dead or damaged ones or the water will go moldey and start to smell really really vile. :)

shannock
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by shannock » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:30 pm

as you are using them tomorrow i would just seperate them into 25s and wrap in paper theninto the fridge
then change again in the morning

if you have any left and wanted to keep them after you win the match i would then go down the water and fridge way

if you have any left and dont want to keep them then offer them on here to a local angler

cheers steve

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:06 am

i have been given the tip from my local tackle shop that wrapping them in newspaper toughens their skin up if you re wrap them in dry newspaper every day, no need to put anything in it, and keep them dry and out of the sun when you get to the beach

king_nothing

Post by king_nothing » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:17 pm

i put them in a cat litter tray with sand from the beach and sea water in.

i have heard that they are predatory and hunt shrimp, crab and other small creatures.

just dont do what i did and forget bout them.

they ended up in the shed for the best part of two months. when i remembered i went to the shed and was nearly knockked of my feet by the smell when opening the door

:-S

bluelion
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bluelion » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:54 pm

if i was to keep a large container of sea water ,how long would it stay good for rag , i am trying to keep a fresh stock of bait for when i can get out there.................