Fishing Pendine / Laugharne

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Fishing Pendine / Laugharne

Post by phatboy »

hi im going camping with the family to Laugharne 25th-29th June.
i want to spend a day fishing and was wondering if any1 had fished anywhere in the Laugharne/Ginst Point/Pendine area recently and could tell me anything has been happening.
just a bit of info like what to target, bait, location etc. also are there any tackle shops close by cos i dont think the campsite will be very happy if some of my ragworms escape in thier fridge.
Cheers
Phatboy :D

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by phatboy »

surely someone has fished Pendine recently..?? :-/

JimKayak
Occasional
Occasional

Post by JimKayak »

I havent fished pendine recently, however, there are bass being caught there, so im told.

For beat collection, Laurghne estury bit is great for peelers, watch the mud tho, can get slippery & suck in a boot (or worse) in places.

tackle shops, Saundersfoot has one, cant remember name but practically opposite a great steak house kalled KOOKA-BA, they are well stocked, with bait etc.

Saundersfoot beach (heading towards Monkstone point) a great place for fresh Razor at low tide, needs to be a sprin tide though, cockles are also very common, and back lug with a pump. Black lug are also possible on Amroth. Another beach worth a look either accross low water or 3-4 hours of flood.

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by phatboy »

thanks jim. ive heard of a few bass being caught out that way on razorfish. i think ill spend a morning collecting razors and crabs and see how it goes.
ill keep you posted
cheers
Phatboy

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by phatboy »

got bk from laugharne yesterday. only managed to blag 1 day fishing so went down to the estuary between the castle and dylan thomas boat house. got there for about 12 (tide 1/2 way out) and set up using 2 rods 1 baited with crab/ragworm and the other 1 using spinners.
there was nothing for about 1/2 an hour then suddenly about 10yds in front of us what looked like sea trout started jumping 2 ft out of the water :-O . so i quickly rebaited and started throwing my mepps spinners out. none of us had any luck with the bait but between the 3 of us we managed to catch 4 nice 2lb fish which we returned as we werent sure if they were trout and didnt want to risk a fine. :D
all in all a fun trip and the first time ive caught anything on a spinner. :D