going on hol north wales

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

andy27

going on hol north wales

Post by andy27 »

hi every1 im new to the site
im going on holiday to the prestatyn/rhyl area in a couple of weeks and was wondering wether it is worth wetting a line whilst im there. any Info would be appreciated. ie where to fish/spieces/bait ect
thanks for any info andy27

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Andy Welcome to the site, I stayed at presthaven sands a few years ago, we went into rhyll but it was closed..lol. and this was in june, I cant help with the fishing there, but suggest you might go to Holyhead just down the road a bit. Cheers..Mick

bfb
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bfb »

Rhyl is a bit commercial so I've never fished it, not from the shore anyway.
But the beaches around Prestatyn look great? There have to be fish there? I would assume night fishing would be best as it looks shallow, but the best advice is from manic, Holyhead & Angelsey in general are more established shore fishing areas.

Have a good holiday & give a report on how you get on.

andy27

Post by andy27 »

thanks for the info guys will have a drive around wen i get there will let you know how i get on

fishytroll

re fishing rhyl

Post by fishytroll »

Hello mate,
Prestatyn can produce Bass, dogs and flatties. Pensarn if not fishing well at all. Colwyn Bay prom is very popular (especially when mackerel are in), but for me the most reliable beach in the area (evenings / night) is Llandudno's north shore, here you get quite a mix, dogs, bass, flounder, plaice, huss, thornbacks, gurnard - never really know what will turn up.
For tackle and bait you got Geoffs on Wellington road Rhyl, not far from Aldi and the blue bridge.
Any other questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to sunny (haha) Wales.

Fishytroll.

andy27

Post by andy27 »

cheers fishytroll realy usefull info. dont think the misses will be too chuffed if i go that far. its a familly hol lol. just wana sneak off for a few hours so pestatyn beach is lookin likely. for the bass on the N/E coast we use squid and lug any diferent on your coast? i was told it was fairly shallow round there so night/early morning the best is this the case?once again thatnks for the info

andy27

andy27

Post by andy27 »

forgot to ask how far is Llandudnos from prestatyn
cheers andy27

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

enjoy your holiday.....good luck

wijonty

prestatyn

Post by wijonty »

hi andy27 im going to the camp site on the 9th of july a few places to try are gronant river dee estuary but best fished at low watch the tides and then there is moyston just be for rhyl ill be at that camp for 8 days from the 9th in a caravan my name is on my van watch out for the doberman dog wijonty what date are you going pm me

andy27

Post by andy27 »

thanks for the info but i go home on the 10th i had ago on the beach at low water (boy what a long walk) not a sniff just a big fat seal waitin to pinch anything on the hook lol. never mind might have another go on thursday before i head home.