knab rock 14th july

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

broadis

knab rock 14th july

Post by broadis »

went to knab rock tonight - very quiet - hard with the wind bouncing the rod, not much being caught down there but i did manage to catch a plaice about 1lb - caught it on half a sand eel and squid cocktail using a 1 up 1 down rig with size 4 hooks

apart from that didnt see anything else being caught down there,

btw that was my first fish since taking fishing back up good feeling. :D

lee

swanseajack22

Post by swanseajack22 »

Congrats on landing your plaice, mate. I struggle to catch anything down Knab during summer time so I'm extremely jealous!

broadis

Post by broadis »

i have noticed its not the easiest of plaices to catch something (sorry for the little fish joke in there!

squeaky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by squeaky »

hi lee i only catch down knab with float close to wall far right by old slip,float with sandeel chance of schoolies and pollock there :D

broadis

Post by broadis »

quicky question do i need a lisence to fish off the pier/breakwater thingy at the far end of swansea bay the one you can walk to from the marina or beach.
lee

squeaky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by squeaky »

good question lee,there is talk that that they going to start checking b4 long but if they do tell them u on hols down in swansea they will ask u to move on,but beware down there cause there are idiots down there drinking and cause a few probs there 4 anglers,best thing 2do is ask in rogers tackle now called swansea angling and they will tell u the score m8,good place 4 the maccky at mo.all the best phil

broadis

Post by broadis »

where do you get the lisence from and how much are they?

thanks for the quick reply phil

btw remember to give me a mail or bell next time you go i need training like how to get hooks out etc cos a guy i was fishing next to down knab had to get the hook out of my plaice! felt like a right dick!

squeaky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by squeaky »

celticcatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by celticcatch »

You're allowed to fish from the anti air craft gun downwards I belive, it's tidal there.

As for the pier, I was told you have to pay a small fee to use it. I suspect you pay at rogers tackle shop. I might have been told the wrong information but if your down the pier you only have to pop in the store and have a word with them

Don't buy bait from them though X(

squeaky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by squeaky »

celticcatch wrote:You're allowed to fish from the anti air craft gun downwards I belive, it's tidal there.

As for the pier, I was told you have to pay a small fee to use it. I suspect you pay at rogers tackle shop. I might have been told the wrong information but if your down the pier you only have to pop in the store and have a word with them

Don't buy bait from them though X(
you right about the bait from there the worms need the kiss of life as they nearly dead,roger has now retired from there and the new owners dont seem to have got the grasp of selling bait yet but they know what to charge 4it ,as 4 west pier its owned by a.b.p assocatated british ports and they deal with the licence side.if u looking 4 good bait go to mainwarings in sketty never had problems there with bait. ;)