info for a newbie

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

youhadtobethere

info for a newbie

Post by youhadtobethere »

hey fella's, im to this site and am currently living in swansea. just want to say, im going to give swansea beach a bash next week but i dont know the area that well as i haven't been living here that long. can you please help me with what am i likely to catch, rigs to use, baits, locations along the ebach etc etc...????

any info will be helpful

nick ;)

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, welcome to the site, sorry not my area, but someone will be able to help you out. Cheers..Mick

celticcatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by celticcatch »

I've not fished swansea beach myself. Someone else might be able to answer better.

Try fish along the docks pier wall...or maybe half way up the beach where the old foot bridge used to be from around the pipe. I think the rest of the beach is prettty featureless unless you are more from the mubles side.

I'd use lugworm and maybe cockles from swansea beach. Doggies are likely...otherwise known as "mumbles marlin". Not sure about anything else sorry. I'd also try to go for a clipped 2 hook flapper. Hope this helps

youhadtobethere

Post by youhadtobethere »

cheers mate, i live in birchgrove and just want a few hours down there. anything is worth a go but i hope someone local who fishes that area can help.

nick

squeaky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by squeaky »

hi nick welcome m8,not much happening in swansea at mo,but will help you as much as i can,any where between west pier and westcross you can catch flatties,bass,dogfish,as for rig choice keep it simple 2or 3hook flapper with a 3-4oz grip,baits best on this stretch are worm rag or lug,mackerel you can fish from low to high tide but be carefull where you fish on the beach the tide dont come around you ,hope this helps looking 4ward to your catch reports,all the best phil :D