Pembroke Power Station 24/7

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Pembroke Power Station 24/7

Post by phatboy »

went out to a little bay by Pembroke Power station on friday (not sure what its called my m8 drove us out there).
got there for about 7pm (high tide @9), setup with a 2 hook flapper baited with rag. very slow up until high tide (which was 7.5m :-O ), by which time the tide had come in so far that we were standing in the hedge, just a couple of missed bites. just as the tide was starting to ebb gareth got a bite which going by the struggle it put up looked like a nice size. when he got it in it turned out to be an 8" long school bass. a couple of minutes later my rod bent over double in the tripod. i reeled it in to find my very first bass on the hook (ok it was only a 6" long schoolie but my first bass nonetheless :D ). nothing much happened after that, 5 school bass and 1 keeper alltogether. fished until 10.45 and packed up to go home.
all together a good night and i can now bring my species tally up to 2 (mackerel and bass) lol

JimKayak
Occasional
Occasional

Post by JimKayak »

You need to be a bit wary there, im pretty sure that is a known and well identified Bass Nursery area,

http://www.fishing.visitwales.com/en/co ... /Bass.aspx

read the bottom paragraph, referring to Llanreath Foreshore, which is in the general area to where you are referring to.

Well done on the Bass though.

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by phatboy »

im not sure if it is a nursery area but all the fish were returned to the sea even the one which was "keeper" size.
thanks for the warning though i will keep it in mind if we go there again