WALES CAN YOU HELP?

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

WALES CAN YOU HELP?

Post by rabbi2 »

If anyone on the Welsh coast can arrange anything to help I would be grateful as this is a post from Manic-muppet on general chat.
Cheers
keith :D :D

Hi guys, I'm sat here twiddling my thumbs as usual, and decided I'm going to have one last go at organising a charity match. The charity would be Cancer support, In the few weeks since i got the news they have sorted all my finances, and been there for my kids if needed. The work they do is invaluable, and they don't get the recognition they deserve. So, what I'm hoping to do is, hold the biggest charity match Sea fishing.org has ever held, (hopefully) the plan is simple, during the month of April, anyone and everyone that can organise a match in their area, do so, getting all the support from members/non members that they can, they could choose their own day etc for it, though it would be great if all members could hold the biggest match ever on the same day. At the end of April all the money collected either from match participants, or contributions would be tallied up and handed over to Cancer support. If anyone is interested in attending a match or organising one, let me know and i will start putting it together. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks peeps....Mick

Registered charity number, 519429
Website, www.bradfordcancersupport.org.uk

Organising so far, are,

Dontcatchmuch, for the Southeast, and Thames.
Rabbi2 for the N/west coast
Manic_muppet, for the N/East coast

Volunteers.
Gizz N/West coast
Telboy, Southeast/Thames.

big-fish

organising a charity match

Post by big-fish »

yer i would love to help you. If u could let me know all the info eg(place, times, rules, how much to charge) this would be much appreciated. i hope to hear from you aspa
lee

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hi Lee mate,, First of all a warm welcome to the forums, it's great to see new members throwing themselves in at the deep end so to speak.

Not too sure as to your location but Holyhead breakwater would make a good venue but perhaps you know of a better one closer to your location.

As for the rules, well perhaps a good starting point would be 1 rod per contestant, max of 3 hooks any bait permissible.

As the event is some time off maybe a friend or another member could help you out.

So as to avoid keeping undersized fish perhaps the heaviest fish or the biggest fish would be a good idea.

Don't forget you local tackle shop to donate prizes. the charity number can be found on the General forum along with the name of the charity.
If unsure then it's Registered charity number, 519429
Website, www.bradfordcancersupport.org.uk
Cheers
keith :D :D

big-fish

Post by big-fish »

well people do hold competitions down Llangennith/Rhossili,Oxwich,Cefn Sidan