Anyone catching around the Barmouth area

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

Dutchmaan

Anyone catching around the Barmouth area

Post by Dutchmaan » Thu May 05, 2011 8:56 pm

I went fishing a couple off weeks ago in the evening on the incoming tide off the beach at the end of the front past the cafe and had a rod out on the bottom and was walking along the beach with a plug, the only thing i caught was a doggie which ignored a nice peeler crab on the lowest hook and took a feather on the hook above, next night nothing. Never mind at least a fish for once.

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 pm

my god what sort of rig were you using a crab and a feather on the same rig?

Dutchmaan

Post by Dutchmaan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:20 pm

i only had a trace with feathers on and used this with the crab on the lowest hook, i cast it out and left it on rod rest whilst i was spinning with plug etc just to see if anything would "take" the crab, but it ignored a meal and took a feather instead

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:37 pm

It's not unusual to see folk fishing with baited feathers, but as you say crab used with feathers is unusual. Worm or fish baits seem to be the norm.
Cheers
keith :D :D

Dutchmaan

Post by Dutchmaan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:41 pm

I did have another rod fishing the bottom with artifical worms on to see if anything would take them, and only found "the crab" under some seaweed so just tried that on for a go. Did not have any bait only went to try the rubber worms and spin but the crab gave an extra chance.