Just What I've Always Wanted

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
theshadow

Just What I've Always Wanted

Post by theshadow »

Got woken up at 4.30 this morning by my youngest to the cries of ''he's been,he's been'' so unwillingly get up and go downstairs to open our pressy's,now along with the usual suspects of socks and smelly's i received a Sundridge floatation suit and a Shakespear Salt Rucksack......happy days.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

good things come to those that wait .................make the most of it, it is special

mackeralmand

Post by mackeralmand »

..very nice, let me know how you get on with the Flotation Suit!:))

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Nice one Lee,

I woke up at 5 this morning and got told to go back to sleep by Frozentoes.

Finally got up at 8am as the two lads at home are now 19 and out on the pop last night ha ha >:)

I had asked all the kids for a little money to hopefully gat close to getting myself a decent multiplier (Thinking Daiwa Slosh 20) they done me proud i could actually now afford two lol.

Oh happy days so thank you kids :x and glad my Grandson enjoyed his Thomas the Tank bike >:) and bits and pieces from Grandad Cabrat and Nanny Frozentoes. :D :D :D :D

What a lovely day had by all.......

Will see your new Prezzies at the Boat comp Lee lol.

Planning a trip now to get my New toy and lots of fishing goodies with my money hee hee, They told me i had to spend it on fishing hee hee I am certainly not complaining

Cabrat Claus Ho Ho Ho !!!!!

Wizz262
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Wizz262 »

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad »

Youll be as warm as toast now,you dont want to walk to the black post with a full rucksack and your floaty on youll be drenched with sweat

andy

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Nice one guys, now all we need is to just get a free pass of the other half for a fishing trip to try out the new gear.......... :-S

Considering ive been a naughty boy on may occasions Santa still managed to find time to drop off a Northstar lantern & Ron Thompson beach shelter lol <:-P <:-P

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

WOW !!!!!!!!

Had enough to get a nice brand new Slosh 30 loads of bits including hooks line weights booms tapered shockleader

I was like a kid in a sweet shop LOL >:) >:) >:) >:)

36 ready made rigs which are due this week.......

What a good christmas ho ho ho

Cabbus

spursdog

Post by spursdog »

well done cabrat, but do you trust thise ready made rigs ?? ive had some in the past that just wasnt up to the job, and making your own, is much more enjoyable, apart from when a hook stabs you ouch.

and not only that if they fail, you only got yourself to blame.

hope they do the trick and are fish catchers for you.

Steve.

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Hi Steve,

I tend to get them off one supplier on ebay had them before and they were good.

Being a Northern Git if they weren't they would be straight back and my money returned with danming remarks on ebay lol lol lol
I do make them myself too but i also have Frozentoes my wife and her daughter and her daughters boyfriend who often come with me so i find a range of rigs means that i can clip them on for them and they are quite happy.

Now that i am back working (Thank heavens) I try to get chance to make them when i can but do like the fact that i have a selection as i have crack offs and all the usual fishing downsides of weight loss (Not Slimming world ha ha) losing rigs etc.

I tend to use a pennel rod and a flapper or pulley so on light fishing venues like the wharf in grays they are fine.

Cabrat.

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

crackoffs!!!! you have more crackoffs than a russian phone book cabrat!! in fact you should be called captain crackoff lol............

heres a little ditti just for you. in tribute to your new reel.......put to the tune of flash gordon by queen!!!

SLOSH ahaaaaaaaahh he snagged everyone of us......
SLOSH ahaaaaaaaaahh he dunnanuver birdie....

dispatch kopite and conehead..........bring back his terminal tackle!!!
>:)

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Nice one Lee, are you going to try the suit out on the boat trip to see if it floats :D >:D< :D

Peter

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

Losing the odd rig is cheaper than whacking your telegraph poles against promenades Col lol lol lol.

See i have so much power from my short but perfectly formed frame and 12ft rods i have to worry about hitting Kent from grays Wharf when i cast lol lol

Lee is on the Pirate boat Pete

So don't let him know we have the trwaling nets and dynamite to get the little fishy wishy's on the comp lol >:) >:) >:) >:)

Captaain Cabbus......

southendfisherman
Regular
Regular

Post by southendfisherman »

i may be wrong dave but dident u have the trawling nets last time or so u said and i do belive u still lost :-B

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

We were cheated that day mate.

My Slosh had its first outing yesterday report will be on later.

It was a kiddies fishing net last time lol.........