I came i saw I blanked on poor old Peggy LOL !!!!

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

I came i saw I blanked on poor old Peggy LOL !!!!

Post by Cabrat »

Frozentoes had kindly organised a day out with "Peggy" & captain Conehead yesterday.
:x
Fingers crossed on the weather and wind and a departure time of about 11.30/11.45. :-/

Got down early and met Jason setting up his rods on Peggy. B-)

Grinning from ear to ear with my new Slosh 30 and high hopes i set up the lines and reels before the water set us afloat. :D

Nice cloudy but sunny day set us out the creek and away into Mother Thames, (A lot of people out in their boats that morning, on Marks just outside the mouth of the creek) along with a couple of other privately owned boats. :)

We set up for a couple of hours in a crater area fishing about 40ft of water. ;)

My weights were not gripping in the tide X(
(Note to self get weights with stronger grippers Lol) good banter and coffee kept the chill off. :D

Not much success so we weighed anchor (about 10 kilo at my estimation) and moved to the kent side.
Slack water saw boat slowly spinning and the Bacon butty's on (Jason I reccomed you for a michelin star for your Bacon rolls and coffee) still no bites jason had crabs galore (but said he will see the Doctor LOL LOL LOL) I had my bait stripped a couple of times but the Crabs must be hiding their eating habits by the blow of the wind. X(

Further down the sand bank we anchored up down near the mouth of the medway the tide now on the ebb and the wind at our backs we were quite comfortable sat behind the cabin. B-)

Conehead decided to reel in to change his bait and didn't feel the fish till he had pulled the weight out and it was 10ft from the boat Low and behold very very fat 4.4lb Codling Ist of the day (all to Jason) again within half hour he reeled in to change bait and anothe slimmer codling but just over 5lb mark. >:D<I>:D<In>:D<

Again we moved not long after i got a pin whiting to the boat only to lose it as i lifted my rod tip to get it abord (i should of got Jason to net it so i wouldn't of blanked he he all 6/7 inches of it lol) :((

More Bacon rolls and coffee to keep out the chill (Thanks Jason very very much appreciated) :x
we sat facing the wind further down the sand bank with the wind now chilling us as we no longer had the shelter of Peggy's cabin.

Jason had another couple of whiting and a nice little Flatty to his 6/0 hooks and whole squid. :-/

when jason gutted the fish fatty Cod had a sprat a pin whiting hald a herring and a couple of crabs in its belly no wonder he didn't want to move when he had swallowed the pennel with the whole squid. i don't think the fat little git was having a rest and trying to digest his food lol. :)

all being said it was another good adventure in the datk winters night aboard "Good old Peggy" who behaved herself impeccably.

Huge thanks to Captain Conehead who not only supplies Bacon butty's to die for but is excellent company and a good mentor. >:D< >:D< >:D<This>:) >:) >:)

We used pennels with 6/0's and 5/0's squid (I tried a bit of squid and mackie and stuffed squid with shrimp and makies ) all fish fell to the squid only.

Cabrat

Ps the Slosh is a lovely reel.

southendfisherman
Regular
Regular

Post by southendfisherman »

sounds like u had a good day dave well done on the fish to u both nice report :D

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad »

Nice report and well looked after by the sound of it

conehead
Regular
Regular

Post by conehead »

It was a good day out sport was slow my one cod,two codling all came on the ebb biggest 6lb 4.There was small shoal fish showing up in mid water all the way from the nore sands to blyth sands and leigh middle in thirty foot of water and deeper.But there wasnt any gulls diving behind the ferrys/tankers which was happening last year.
Cabers i cant believe you blanked :((

griegwwr
Regular
Regular

he he

Post by griegwwr »

capt'n cabret im now gonna pass you over the blankty blank cheque book and pen lol :P

Cabrat
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Cabrat »

it was pshcological to give boat 1 a false sense of security lol

but i got my blank out the way bring on the boat comp hee hee

Cabbus

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Ohhh thats a shame mate....

At least you got out and had a dangle on Peggy lol

Cheers macer :D

conehead
Regular
Regular

Post by conehead »

At least you can blame the melt water and sprats for youre blank dave ;) ;)

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

I blame it on the fact that Cabbus didnt have a grimmel or jo jo beads...........

:)) :)) :))