Holiwell Point

Please only post topics related to fishing the Thames Estuary in this forum only.
beehive

Holiwell Point

Post by beehive »

I've yet to hear of any good catches at Holiwell Point lately, has anyone caught any skate yet ?

Has anybody got an opion on whether the first three hours or the last three hours of the flood - which is best at Holiwell Pint ?

Beehive

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Hi beehive,

We don't seem to get many reports for Holiwell or the Crouch on here which is a shame......

In regards to which state of the tide......sorry i cant help you there either lol. Hopefully someone who knows the area better will shed some light on your question.

Cheers macer :D

pablo

Post by pablo »

hi lads, ive been fishing holiwell point for the past month.......not even had a bite targetting the skate in three sessions now!! will be back up there next monday for another go though...............fishes best on the flood, from dead low water up :)

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Keep us posted Pablo on how you get on good or bad lol ;)

Cheers macer :D

Snagger

Holiwell Point

Post by Snagger »

I have not heard of this venue, please could you tell me where it is,
Tim.

beehive

Post by beehive »

Tks all,

Suppose we should all keep trying, and when scate in will report.

Tim/Snagger - On River Crouch Nr Estuary entrance. You have to go to the end of March Road, Burnham on Crouch, a right turn into farm road until you can go no further. A farhouse on right - in front a gate. If no key for gate its a 10 min walk to seawall (but a key can be obtained at a price from landowner).

B. rgds
Beehive

beehive

Post by beehive »

Well I went Sat. night, for first 3 hours of flood. Fairly quiet, 1 doggie and missed a stonking bite - not sure what it was.

Beehive

Sea_panda

Post by Sea_panda »

beehive wrote:Well I went Sat. night, for first 3 hours of flood. Fairly quiet, 1 doggie and missed a stonking bite - not sure what it was.

Beehive
Hi Beehive, Can you tell me where you caught the Doggie? I normally fish near the Tall in land Pill Box but never caught a Doggie. I normally use lug and Mackey

Cheers

Steve

Snagger

Holiwell Point

Post by Snagger »

thanks for the info Beehive.

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

beehive wrote:Well I went Sat. night, for first 3 hours of flood. Fairly quiet, 1 doggie and missed a stonking bite - not sure what it was.

Beehive
Well done beehive and thanks for the report.

Cheers macer

beehive

Post by beehive »

Hi Sea Panda,

I was about halfway between the and left of the track in (where steps up to top of seawall) and the first pillbox on sea wall. The doggie was at long range (which for me is about 60-70 yards) on a pully rig and a fair sized piece of squid, the big bite was on rag about 30 yards out.

B. rgds
Beehive

threefields

Post by threefields »

Hiya..... I had a couple of eels out of the Crouch yesterday, about an hour before HW and I was near the old Crane (Rice & Coles) Boatyard.

Both were about 12"-18" long and about as thick as a broom handle. Hardly a spectacular catch, but a catch neverless.

The day before I was sippin' a beer on the White Harte patio that's attached to the seawall, it was a calm day, hot day and their were numerous fish breaking the waters surface (not like mullet).