Warrior 175 Boat

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
SeaHorse

Warrior 175 Boat

Post by SeaHorse »

Hi

I know a chap buying a Warrior 175 boat :) , could anyone tell me anything about this boat. What sort of weather, tides can it be took out in and also how far out could it be taken safely, depending on weather I presume.

IS IT A SAFE BOAT?

Your thoughts would be good.

Sea Horse

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Its sea keeping properties are quite good but as for safety, get the essentials 2 anchors, radio depth sounder flares backup engine spare fuel floatation suit and if possible add extra buoyancy wherever possible.

As for going out to sea if the forecast is above a force 4 of whit horses are visible stay close inshore
Cheers
keith :D :D

tomcat
Regular
Regular

Post by tomcat »

Its sea keeping capability is more than quite good. For this class of boat they are excellent, probably one of the best under 20' fast craft available. They come with a hefty price tag, but a first class reputation and build quality. They do by their nature require a big outboard to get the best out of them. I wouldn't think of buying one without at the very least 70hp.

SeaSickSmiffy

Post by SeaSickSmiffy »

The guy I got my 165 from also had a 175 in. Great looking boat but a little out of my price range. Can't comment on the sea going properties as I've never been out on one but would think that it would be excellent going on what I've read up on them.

The build quality was excellent and there's quite a few nice touches on the boat like a fish bin. It's also got a double skin hull.

Would think it'd need quite a large engine though to pick up any speed.

SeaHorse

Post by SeaHorse »

Hi all,

I have been speaking with my friend and he has indeed purchased the WARRIOR 175, It has a 100hp outboard with a backup, Anchor (1), auto bulge pump, 90 lt tank water filter, depth finder, fish finder, VHS and GPS all other stuff lights etc.

So really looking forward to a fish before the cold weather skips away. I have seen some photo's and she's looks a mighty boat.

Cheers

SeaHorse

SeaHorse

Post by SeaHorse »

Hi,

Was out in the new boat, excellant mighty impressed the 100hp 4 stroke packs good speed. Was out quite a distance and was able to come back very quickly.

Hit some dodgey weather on the way home on 1 of the trips no problem, heavy rain visability about 500m strong headwind, with a swell around 1 metre. It proved the weather can change within 5 mins and you can get caught. Although we generally don't go out if the weather is doubtful or iffy. Weather needs to be good before we launch, we would'nt be 1's for bravery or taking chances.
It's not much pleasure fishing and getting bounched around, its also a pleasure trip whilst out fishing.

Regards
Sea Horse

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

nice to see you coming back with the results,
good to see you are having good times out on the sunny oceans