Fish Finder

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Fish Finder

Post by Geggy_poos »

Hello all,

We have a 14ft fibergalss boat for about 2 years now. Spent the first year working on the boat. We have had a few successfull mackerel fishing trips off the boat this year and we managed one trip last year in september when we finished the boat! We have a 5hp 2 stroke Suzuki engine in for a service at the minute as starting it has been a bit tempermental of late.

While the engine is in for a service we are just making a few modifications. Adding rod Holders and fittings to tie gear down etc.

We have decided to buy a fish finder and need recoomendations. Ideally would like one that does the job for as little as possible. Any reccomendations would be gratefully appreciated and webistes that are reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

whitbydiver
Regular
Regular

Post by whitbydiver »

:D hi greg try the eagle cuda very basic machine so simple to use and it comes with a transom mounted transducer so no holes to drill through ur hull i hope this helps with ur search.
rolling swells.
whitby.

whitbydiver
Regular
Regular

Post by whitbydiver »

forgot to mention they retail for around 80 quid.
whitby

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Personally I'd spend my money on a bigger engine !

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

Nah the engine is fine. We just poodle out the harbour and anchor up catch some fish head back. We really don't need a bigger engine atm.

Our boat is only classed to take 10hp.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

My small Seastar is rated 2hp to 8hp same saftey specs as the Seahog but a smaller version and it will be used for pottering about harbours or launching out on a calm day, will fish 3 and is only 12ft
Cheers
keith :D :D