Totally new to all of it and som advice if poss

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
Thumper

Totally new to all of it and som advice if poss

Post by Thumper »

hey guys,

as the post says i am new to this so would like some advice on a few things if you can.

i have searched the forums and read heaps of previous posts but there are still some bits i need to know

me and a friend have recently bought a boat very cheaply
from what i know of it its a 14ft broom aquarius with a 40hp yamaha outboard.
the boat has been sitting for 3 yrs so i decided i wanted to clean it all up and test everything before we try and take it out.
we have also decided to get rid of the horrible yellow mustard color and paint it black and also replace gagues etc

i am looking for a place to launch to see if there are any leaks etc that need fixing and also to test the engine in the water ..
i have had it running with the flushing cover on it and it seems fine but would like to test in water

we was looking for somewhere that is resonably cheap as we are only testing but would be looking for somewhere
to lauch for us to go play with our donut (yet to buy) and hopefully do a wee bit of fishing.we was hoping to
get somewhere that will have car and trailor parking as we obviously dont want the trailor stolen while we are out

i dont know if any of this is making any sense to anyone .. if not let me know and i will explain better.
i could put pic's up if it helps any too :)

many thx in advance

tensenervoushaddock
Regular
Regular

Post by tensenervoushaddock »

try this site, zoom in on the area you are interested in.

http://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

tensenervoushaddock wrote:try this site, zoom in on the area you are interested in.

http://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/
i have tried that one and i have searched for many diff places but there isnt a 100% guide on all of them ie parking

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

for testing put the bung in and fill with water ,obviously do it in a dry place and leave it overnight then in the morning look for wet patches,if none then voila no leaks