Boat Rigs

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
pancho

Boat Rigs

Post by pancho »

I will be going out and fishing on a boat in Dover and would like to know which rigs to use that will work in Dover. I believe that there are Cod and Bass well that is what i would like to target. I know there are other species Pollock bream sole place ect ect. if anyone has been out recently i would love to hear your experience what you caught and how you did it.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

If its any help I use a running ledger with 2 hooks above the weight so as to target both the bottom feeders and those in midwater.
Cheers
keith :D :D

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

hi pancho depends wether you will be wreck fishing or just general ground fishing. if you are wreck fishing then all i do is a boom on to my mainline with a lead tied underneath the boom then off the boom just a trace of anything between 6-10 feet with your choice of lure on the end.
if ground fishing then just a zip slider,bead and swivel tied at the end of the mainline. then off the swivel just a trace of around 4 feet.
hope this helps and what boat are you going out with??? finally your skipper will be able to tell you what will be best to use.
good luck on your trip
thanks
fishingnuts95