15' cjr

All topics related to owning your own boat here.
njs-1

15' cjr

Post by njs-1 »

Hi, Ive recently bought a 15' cjr boat and am in the process of re building the trailer. Does any one know how much this type of boat weighs, I appreciate that i will have to take into account the outboard and fuel etc but i need this info so i can purchase the correct suspension units. All help greatly appreciated.
Regards
Nick

jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 »

they weigh very little but i would put 750kg units on it with 10 inch wheels you wont got far wrong

Dave :D

njs-1

Post by njs-1 »

Thanks Dave i had priced for 750's but was worried that by the time i had got the outboard and accesories fitted i would be pushing things a little to close to the limit. This being my first boat i need all the advise i can get ;)

tomcat
Regular
Regular

Post by tomcat »

750kg should be perfectly adequate for the CJR. The manufacturer used to supply the boat on a trailer with 600kg suspension. 750kg will allow a little leeway if you add a little extra weight if taking the boat for a weekend away. Poolside mouldings (seahog) sell the boat still, now renamed the Trio.

njs-1

Post by njs-1 »

tomcat wrote:750kg should be perfectly adequate for the CJR. The manufacturer used to supply the boat on a trailer with 600kg suspension. 750kg will allow a little leeway if you add a little extra weight if taking the boat for a weekend away. Poolside mouldings (seahog) sell the boat still, now renamed the Trio.
Superb, Thanks tomcat i,ll ring them for more info. Ive been trying to search for members clubs or anything else for the CJR but to no avail. Dont suppose you or anyone else reading this can help further.
Would be much appreciated
Regards
Nick

trailerman

cjr Trailer rebuild

Post by trailerman »

I am not to sure of the weight of your cjr,i have one myself but as Tomcat says 750 kg units will be ample. also you can only tow a unbraked trailer up to 750 kg laden.
have you tried Anglia towing equipment for your towing parts they will give you any advice you need and a good price & service & delivery
01206 795949 speak to Steve or Kevin if you tell him Keith from Darwen trailer services gave you the number he may give you a better discount

njs-1

Re: cjr Trailer rebuild

Post by njs-1 »

trailerman wrote:I am not to sure of the weight of your cjr,i have one myself but as Tomcat says 750 kg units will be ample. also you can only tow a unbraked trailer up to 750 kg laden.
have you tried Anglia towing equipment for your towing parts they will give you any advice you need and a good price & service & delivery
01206 795949 speak to Steve or Kevin if you tell him Keith from Darwen trailer services gave you the number he may give you a better discount
Thanks. I have actually sorted my trailer parts now but i will keep these people in mind for future purchases